Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Mango Raspberry Overnight Oats

Mango-Raspberry overnight oats

My mornings are often so hectic, what with the first task of trying to wrench myself out of bed to the sound of my alarm, to Hobbes requiring morning cuddles, to attempting to look acceptable for the day; breakfast often gets shoved to the side. There is a pleasant little cafe next door to my office with great breakfasts but grabbing eggs and toast every morning adds up. So I’ve made a deal with myself to take breakfast with me every day, and the easiest way to do this is preparing the night before. But my nights are busy too! I try to work-out for 45 minutes when I get home and then it’s straight to the kitchen to cook us a healthy, delicious dinner.. so what can I prepare that’s quick, easy, delicious AND nutritious for on-the-go mornings. And then as I was scavenging Pinterest, I found something interesting. Multiple posts about Overnight Oats.. so I decided to take to the kitchen and experiment.

So far this one is my favourite, although really any berry/fruit mixture is delicious. Feel free to substitute any fruits that you want or sounds delicious. I use the same base for all my overnight oats, and just switch up the fruits.. if I get more creative, I'll let you know!

Mango-Raspberry Overnight Oats

Ingredients:
½ cup quick oats (I’ve seen lots of recipes call for steel cut, I just have quick on hand)
½  cup milk (I often use almond milk, but you can use any type you want)
pinch of cinnamon (you can adjust to your taste here)
½ tsp vanilla extracts
1 TSBP non-fat Greek yogurt (I use Liberte because it’s so creamy)
½ a mango, cubed
¼ cup raspberries (I actually used frozen organic raspberries here!)


Directions:

1.       Add all your ingredients, except fruit to a mason jar, or any glass jar you have with a secure lid.
2.       Stir well
3.       Top with fruit
4.       Put in fridge overnight

5.       Grab a spoon, run out the door and enjoy your healthy, delicious breakfast while scoffing at everyone paying for over-priced eggs and toast!


Options: when I make these oats for Sean I skip the yogurt and add an extra 1 TBSP of the milk  because he can not eat yogurt, it's just as creamy. He gobbles them up at work
       Also, as you can see, I like to add an extra scoop of yogurt on top.. I just love yogurt and find it super delicious! The options are pretty endless, try whatever seems right to you until you find your perfect Overnight Oats!

      Emily.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!