Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

Mexican Inspired Corn on the Cob

 Since corn season is starting here on the prairies, and we have some of the best corn available, I have decided to become more adventurous with my flavours. In my (many) hours of searching Pinterest, blogs and cooking magazine sites; I’ve noticed this “Mexican Corn” coming up more and more often. I had never heard of it before a month ago, but after seeing the different variations of flavours I just knew I had to create my own.

[Be sure to fully clean the corn, no one likes silk in between their teeth!]
[Slather with butter and sprinkle with your spice mixture]


Let me tell you, this beats boiled corn on the cob (Yes, that’s how I’ve always done mine) with butter, salt and pepper a million times over. The kernels were so tender, and all the delicious flavours baked right into the kernels topped with the smooth, creamy butter made this corn the star of our dinner! Seriously, next time I want a snack I’m picking up some corn and making this again! and Again! And it was so easy to make, you just have to clean your cobs, butter them and sprinkle with the spices; then the oven does the work for you!

[Bake in foil for 30 - 35 minutes]
Mexican Inspired Corn on the Cob

A delicious Mexican twist on traditional corn on the cob; enhanced by the smooth buttery texture and Mexican spices, this corn is tender and baked to perfection.


Time:
Prep Time: 2 minutes // Cook Time: 35 minutes // Yields: 2 Cobs

Ingredients:
  • 2 ears corn on the cob
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 TBSP butter, at room temperature

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375°F
  • Remove husks from corn, and rinse to clean; set aside
  • Mix together spices, then working one cob at a time generously brush with butter, and sprinkle with spice mixture, turning to coat each side. Wrap cobs individually in aluminium foil and bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until corn is bright yellow and fully cooked.
  • Serve hot, with more butter if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinions, or what you think would be great in/with my recipes! Leave a comment!